Sustainable hotel QO Amsterdam discovered the branding benefits of upselling when their marketing manager Marlon Roosblad spearheaded their adoption of Oaky and automated pre-arrival upselling.
How QO created cross-departmental upselling incentives
QO involved several operations departments in their upselling incentive. In doing this, they were able to create a diverse list of deals that offered something for everyone and really accentuated their USP as a sustainable and modern hotel.
When bringing members of the marketing, revenue, housekeeping and front desk teams together, they reviewed agenda points similar to these listed below.
- Checking for best-selling and least-selling offers
- Analysing guest feedback on deals
How they could optimise pre-existing offers
- What they could do to push slow-moving deals
- How they could increase prices for top-sellers
- How to drive sales by increasing a deal’s perceived value with extra inclusions
- Which deals could use a reframe, with more exciting copy and images
Fresh deals to include
- Areas of interest from a guest's point of view
- Deals associated with upcoming seasonal events
- Their staff's personal favourites from their own hotel experiences
- How they could use local events, your staff's talents and your hotel's amenities to create talking points
- How they could update run-of-the-mill deals to give them a wow-factor worth sharing or talking about